Sunday, June 13, 2010

Mutton Biryani

The first time you learn cooking from mom, you pretty much concentrate on the big things, try and get them right. That's probably the way to go cause you know head nor tail of what it means to fry, little simmer, etc.

Of course over time you learn the nuances but this time on your own, trial and error and essentially develop your own style of cooking. Now I see my mom cooking Mutton Biryani and it's a revelation of sorts. I must have asked myself the question "How could I have not noticed that??" about 15 times now.

Next aim in life: Cook Mutton Biryani as well as mom's. By the time I get that accomplished and learn guitar, I will be done. Except that it might take me an entire lifetime to achieve perfection (yes, Mom's Mutton Biryani is perfect). Worth living a lifetime for a noble cause, no? :)

Mutton Biryani for lunch coming up in like 75 mins!!
And of course World Cup Germany - Australia!! Perfect, no?
Muhahahahahahaha!!!

No comments: