Monday, October 1, 2012

Anfield Calling

Cautious optimism. That's what it is all about at Liverpool lately. If you know anything about football, you would probably agree that Brendan has us finally playing the right way. The Liverpool way. I just hope the owners stick to their guns and give Brendan time. This isn't going to change overnight, it's definitely the style we should be playing in. We're going to have bad nights when things don't click but the more we stick to this style, the more the consistency will come.

I still think we're woefully short in the striking department but look at what Brendan has done to our setup. It's like 3 new signings for us. For eons I have been crying out loud to give our youngsters some serious game time and Rodgers has done just that. Raheem Sterling and Suso have been more than impressive. I wouldn't call it surprising, we just needed a manager who had the b**** to play them. Andre Wisdom, however, has been a revelation to me, didn't know he was that good. I think he has the potential to become a better RB than Kelly who I think is good but again, way too one-dimensional in his play. Kelly is amazing in defence but going forward he has a very predictable way of attacking. Wisdom seems to have that extra bit of talent to make things happen. Sterling and Suso are just stars in the making.

No matter what the consequence this season, Liverpool is going to be an exciting team to watch. Now if only we could buy (or probably unearth another gem from the academy) another striker to finish off our passing style, we could see a lot more impressive Liverpool this season.

But (in typical Brendan style) "like I say", I'm cautiously optimistic.


No comments: