Wednesday, February 27, 2008

There' Never Enough Places

I've been meaning to write for sometime but just haven't had the bandwidth to sit down and do so. It's been a travelling Feb for me and once again it was a series of trips one after the other.

Going back to Raleigh was fantastic, I really had an awesome time (quite unexpected really) I spent two years of my Master's life there which doesn't necessarily translate to me getting all nostalgic 'bout the place cos quite frankly I don't. But it was different to see the place in a new light. As a visitor. Friends were visited, close friends were wined and dined with, I apparently was engaged in a skirmish with a certain Mr. Vishwas (for some reason I referred to him as bharosa.com) I leave the interpretation of 'some reason' to the reader :)

San Jose was the next destination. Even closer friends were visited, dined with and end of it all hugs were exchanged and thats it. Nothing particular to write home 'bout.

Time to change destination, Houston. It is this whole other country where 'massive' 'huge' 'vast' is literally the order of the day. Texas, people, doesn't know what it means to be conservative, pragmatic etc etc. Everything (and I mean everything) is large and expansive. Be it the roads to the buildings to the parking lots to the Texans. I was also able to put face to one of the blogs I've been a regular at; which was one of the upsides of the trip. Apart from that I'm content just knowing Houston houses NASA and all that jazz. Good, very good but thank you very much.

A quick pit-stop at Dallas, a night with mom and the kiddos and I was off to San Diego.
San Diego. Aaaaah! Doesn't the mere mention of the city change your expression? No seriously, doesn't it? Laid back Southern Californians, old town native Mexicans who still find it hard to digest the fact that the city is no longer a part of Mexico, beaches, I can go on but I will stop at that and change topic to my long lost best friend. I meet him after eternity and he's become this cool chap sailor guy with a house in the north side of the city. Perfect life, no?

Cutting a long story short, Binoy is running out of cities to visit in the North American continent. I'm back to Portland and gladly so. Couple of quiet weeks/weekends will be followed by another trip to the other side of the world. Next stop, Pune. -- Kay Ata!!

P.S: A big thank you to Ms. Dhara Parikh for introducing me to the Tiramisu at CPK, I owe you for that.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Chayla. Raleigh, Houston, Dallas, San Diego. Bhaat naansense.
It has a happy ending though - Pune and tiramisu.
Chala, chalaaaaaaaaaaa.

Binoy said...

Haan fir!!
We havw bhaat we havw. :)
Jai Maharashtra!!

Anonymous said...

innglunnnnnnnd innnglunnnnnnd

Binoy said...

damnit man dude!
England has to happen somehow man. I wish there is something I could do this year, but looks like next year dude (This Dec in india again man :) )