Friday, April 11, 2008

Mid - March Bliss!

Pune was fantastic. I expected nothing less and got nothing less. Just 2 weeks and I cramped in about a month's worth of of living. No wonder this past one month seems to have lasted an eternity.

I am one of the blessed few to have the privilege of being a Punekar I wouldn't do half as justice to describing the essence of the term as Ashish does but I am very much that and this trip just re-instated my faith. Only a Punekar will understand this and I really don't care to explain much either. I experienced my past life again and it's all I needed to re-affirm where my future will be. I've a bunch load of people to thank for such an amazing trip but the truth is, that's always the case when I go back.

I celebrated my birthday in Pune after what seems like eternity; it was the most random party ever. Me and Rahul have, on more than one instance, had the opportunity to form really hybrid groups but this party beat them all. My friends (the ones that were officially part of the party), the entire Gokhale hostel, two Americans, two Mexicans and one German made up the numbers. How did we get together is an entire story in itself but nevertheless kickass night. That was followed by Holi and our dear old friend Nikhil was greeted with a good old fashioned Bakra to Pune. To my surprise the bloke took it really well and I am really proud of the bugger. A big thank you to all the characters especially Ms. Radhika Kale aka Shreya Teegala and es es Ashish Kulkarni. I had tears in my eyes, fantastic performance! You literally had your two minutes of fame :)

Pune seems to be growing by the minute literally. I am alright with all the developments but Pune Central in Model Colony broke my heart. It's like a dagger right through the heart of the city. Those dumb idiots! The pain factor associated with the city seems to be gradually greying out.

I'm back to Portland and back to the grind. Portland, in many ways, reminds me of Pune and thank God for that. I am gonna make the most of my stay in Portland. There is still plenty of stuff to be done here. It's Friday night, I feel a tad lonely but writing this post has kept me in good spirits.

... And I finally saw Binoy trying to make his way back. Finally it's started :)
I be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One faltering step at a time... but ess ess, the Chalaaaaaaaa chalaaaaaaaaa campaign is under way.