Friday, September 11, 2009

Southwest

I am, for the most part, pretty happy with Southwest airlines. I don't agree with people on their problem of "herd mentality" boarding. For me, I have seen Southwest to give me pretty convenient flights, the free check-in luggage still applies with them, seats are not bad.

Having said this, there is one thing about them that distinctly irks me. I have noticed that none of their flights (at least the ones I have been on), ever start "on-time" persay. Everytime it takes off about 10... 15...20 minutes late. The flight attendant informs us that we will make up time and eventually we do make it to the destination on time. I kinda feel they do this on purpose, I don't think they ever intend to start on time in the first place.

For the umpteenth time now, I am waiting for my flight to Portland, it apparently takes off at 7.20pm. It's 7.04PM now and the flight plane hasn't arrived. It will arrive, I am sure, in the next 3 minutes, we will, like always, take off about 15 to 20 minutes late and process repeat. I don't know why they do this, just have the take off time at 7.40 PM for all I care.

And just like I mentioned, I can see the flight arriving. Process repeat.

No comments: