Sunday, November 15, 2009

"What would it feel like to cut my own veins?"

Alright, I need to put in a few disclaimers before I start this post. The following theory is respectfully my own. No offense meant; no offense expected. It is a very relative concept, something I have only experienced in the recent past (5 - 6 years), so could be volatile and fleeting. Read it with a pinch of salt.

A "normal" human-being is an extremely rare occurrence. The first 20 odd years of your life (typical stat for an Indian, could vary drastically outside India), you will never notice what I am about to say, you need to step out of the comfort zone of your home and live independently to really notice that a fairly large percentage of the human population is not normal.

Sure enough, each and everyone of us have our own idiosyncrasies, quirks etc. Not everyone is smart, funny, patient, so on and so forth and I ain't talking about any of this. But as you experience the world outside, beyond the usual good and happy times, basically during the "behind the scene" times, you will be astounded to see that a number of people are just plain weird. There is just one word that comes to my mind. "Psychos". I kid you not, I have seen the most entertaining, fun-loving, smart people in good times to be absolute psychos behind the scene. And this is not a one off scenario, a huge percentage of the population fall into that bracket. The Psychosis could vary over a broad spectrum; could be a persistent psycho thought, psycho behavior on telephone, psycho state of being at some point in the day, psycho analysis of non-existent situations or just random psycho attacks. You know the dangerous part is that they are absolutely "normal" people in real life, in fact many of them are brilliant personalities.

You meet one of these kinds after ages, and sure enough, he is those interesting, vibrant kinds and you are tempted to think it's cool only to take a step back and realize "Woah! Well, not really. He did that again."

I have been very generous in my usage of the word "psycho", simply because I can't think of a better word. It's not as bad as to be a physically harmful scenario persay, but I hope you get the drift. There is a big time dearth of normal people in the world.

No comments: