Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Trying to recuperate from the football session. I knew I was overplaying, but still I continued. It's football, after all. Now I need to recover before Thursday night's session. Just like old times, only this time I don't have to hide my injuries, muscle pulls from mom. There were times in school when I would sprain my leg in a match and go back the next day to play with my sore leg. The previous night when everyone's sleeping, I would slowly sneak into the bathroom and get a bucket of warm water to dip my leg in it, get the blood flowing. Sustained effort for about an hour and then prepare ice packs to tie to my leg and sleep. Next morning walk straight in front of mom. fight through the pain. Just a matter of getting my ass to the ground, get the pain-killer spray and play the match.

There are just too much adventures and little pleasures when a kid. I miss them.

No comments: