Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I should really be writing more. Have been experiencing so much off late that I should be penning down. Been traveling so much, I'm still amazed at how much I have experienced in the past 10-12 days.

Just got back from Charlotte-Orlando-Portland and like I have said a gazillion times, Portland still continues to be where my heart is. Portland has changed my life for good and every inch of that place has a special place, special meaning. Some of my close people have moved out of Portland, some more will, in the coming year or two. Portland will lose some of its charm with that but it will always be the place I will call home (and Pune of course). After more than 3 years of leaving Portland, my cricket team gifted me with the Beaverton Raiders jersey. Speechless! I'm still in the team roster every year by default.I was welcomed in every house I went to with open arms. Too much love, too much beauty and too much to cherish and experience in the 6 days I was there. It's sometimes hard to let go of a good phase in your life, but have to do that, no? For new ones to make way.

I should also mention that my cousin's wedding in Charlotte was good fun too. Was such a pleasure to meet Jose Uncle and Saji amama in US, two wonderful souls having come to US to see their son get married. I love you both a lot. Now onto the next big thing. Waiting for sis and family to return to Richmond. Wohoo!

P.S: My company gifted me with a Kindle. Not that I am a big fan of replacing the physical book with an ebook but when did a guy ever say no to an electronic gadget? Bought my first ebook -- Great Divorce, C.S. Lewis and I am loving it. Not to mention my brand new Galaxy Nexus (also from my company, corporate phone) which is kickass! My company rocks!

No comments: