Monday, August 17, 2009

Go Raiders!!

We won. Raiders won the semi-finals. My trip was every bit worth it. No points for guessing, I am going back to Portland this weekend for the finals. :)

Perfect scenario! We meet our old foes Ghillies!
Let me back up a bit. So Ghillie was the team I first played for when I first came to Portland (I know the name is yikes!! Completely agree) . Well not really Ghillie, but Ghillie Rockets, the B-team of Ghillie. That same year, we met Ghillie (A) in the semis and defeated them. Three of us from that team, Sushant, Munish and myself struck such amazing camaraderie that we knew we couldn't be part of the Ghillie formation. The statement after the league, "Tum log agle saal Ghillie (A) mein khelenge", especially irked us to go out and form a team of our own. Thus came about Raiders and it's been amazing ever since. In our first year, 2008, we won the Aid's Tournament. The spirit in the team has been fabulous, the fun quotient ;second to none and last but not the least, we made the team. This was the story till last year.

And like it always happens, all good things come to an end, I took up this new role within Mentor, moved to Boulder. Sushant, our captain, had enough of US and was India bound. Raiders lasted that one year and we achieved it all. Well it was supposed to end this way but not. :) . So recession hit, Sushant came back to US. We formed the team again and this year too, we made it to the playoffs. I went back this weekend for the semis and the trio was re-united. Exciting stuff, right? Well if not, just play along, cause I am loving every moment.

And now we meet Ghillie in the finals. Come full circles eh! Another adrenaline filled weekend and I am desperately hoping it's a happy ending. Well whatever be the outcome, I am thankful to God for everything. I have made some fantastic friends here, a point worth mentioning cause I always thought I could/would never again make the kinda friends I made till graduation.

I am hoping this weekend God gives me another moment to freeze in memory.
Let's go Raiders!!!

No comments: