Friday, December 18, 2009

Guys - Uncles

I was reading through this article of Aamir Khan, an interview (I think) talking about 3 idiots. The question asked was about playing a 20 something being a 44 year old. He replied (please don't quote me on this) that he really still felt like 20 something anyway. He talked about this incident where he used to meet a 30 year old fellow and refer to him as uncle only for someone to stop him from saying that (considering his own age).

This part I can so relate to. Most of my friends, atleast the close ones that I know are guys. By the same token, I know uncles who are 20 something's too. Is it that I can only see my friends as "guys" having known them since childhood or is it that there are 2 varieties of male species; Guys and Uncles? I wonder what happens to the second kinds, how do they manage to look as uncles? Or are they "guys" for someone else? The same might apply to the female species but I am not venturing into that domain. Regardless, I have seen those uncles kinds to talk, walk and behave like uncles and ditto for the guys which makes me believe that it is the state of your mind that rubs off on your appearance as well.

Anyway, having written another one of my random theories, I am going to watch Angels and Demons tonight. According to me, the best book that Dan Brown has written and I am pretty sure the movie is going to butcher it up but hey, I would gladly watch a Tom Hank's movie anytime.

No comments: