Saturday, April 3, 2010

Happy Easter to All!

I'm in PDX :)

Yesterday I met this guy Jason on my flight to PDX. Football (soccer) player getting back home (to Portland) from Tampa, FL and he was itching to get back. I could so relate to that feeling, in fact I still feel that when I go to PDX. Being a football player, it was a given that he was a cool guy (football players are always super cool). The only reason I am mentioning him in this post is that he was such a happy guy. Very oblivious to the world around him, just happy spreading the "feel good" spirit (even with the air hostess') in the flight and also while exiting he had some jokes to share. We talked about random stuff in the beginning, how we both didn't exactly like the rudeness that comes with the east coast and the coolness about life in west but it was really when we both found out our love for football that our outlook changed. It was almost an enlightening of sorts. Suddenly, full respect for each other. High fives, we started talking about cool stuff. How the pretense of work life sucked (until then we were talking about our profession). He offered to come play for his team this Wednesday, I gladly accepted it but later realized I hadn't got along my football gear. I might still try and go though.

I am looking forward to an awesome Easter in Portland, well work life after that and a mini reunion the next weekend. I need to find time for Communnect in between all this, and somehow I think I will.

No comments: