Saturday, April 23, 2011

Happy Easter

It's Saturday night. About 9:30 PM. I have some work that I need to complete before I call it a day. Tomorrow is Sunday. Yeah, kinda obvious statement. Church service in the morning followed by Easter lunch.

Life wasn't like this some years back. In fact right this moment, I would probably be at J.M. Road (Smoking Joes perhaps) with friends thinking nothing. Especially not thinking that tomorrow is Sunday. I was mindless, immature, carefree. I was in the best city in the world. I liked being a nobody, I liked not having an identity beyond my family. I was what my parents saw me to be. I did what my friends did. Why? Who cared?

But now apparently I am supposed to care. And now I am a somebody. That somebody who has some work to complete before tomorrow i.e Sunday comes.

Forgive my senti-giri. I am just missing being a nobody.

No comments: