Friday, July 11, 2008

You bet I can crib

So I am little bored. Bored of having too much on my plate at work, bored of having to think, bored of taking time out to do nothing.

Why does 7:17 AM come so soon?
Why does a meeting have to take precedence over football?
Why does pending work and deadlines live through the next 48 hours?
Why is it that Arshu grows up in Pune and I sit here with only her voice to contend with?
Why is it that my future is of great concern to one and all?
Why do people around me have to talk sense and things of responsibility?
Why is it that great summers in Portland are lived without the satisfaction of mangoes?
Why aren't evenings accompanied with chai, parleG and conversation?
Why is mom just a voice or an email?
Why can't Nov 23rd, Dec 17th and Jan 1st be the same day?

Is there no one on earth seriously contemplating making a time-machine?
I still try to be.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Why is it that great summers in Portland are lived without the satisfaction of mangoes?"

Well said...

Binoy said...

Danke!
If you come from anywhere close to where I do, you will feel the pinch.

Unknown said...

Why is that only a virtual bottle of beer can be raised in salute?