Monday, November 19, 2007

Moments

How many times in life have we been left asking the question, "I wish I could have re-lived that moment once more?" I have too, a lot many times. The moments that enrich our memories, bring a smile on your face, sometimes tears. Moments that leave an indelible mark on your soul.

A 2 year old kid waiting on the veranda, tirelessly and the moment he catches a shadow far away walking back home towards him, the look on his face says it all. His happiness knows no bound, his mom has come home from work. It' freaking amazing how I remember it so clearly. I did that everyday, I don't know how I kept track of time at that age but somehow I did.
The first time I rode my bicycle from my place to grandpa' , not before going through a million falls. The feeling of independence ; of being able to ride away anywhere I wished.
The first time I was named in the school football team, 5th grade. The first time I got to wear the No.10 Jersey :) .My first goal.
My first crush. It' quite true what they say, till it lasts everything seems beautiful and amazing.
The pride on mom's face when 10th grade results came out, second in school. Double doze of that when I made to the merit list in 12th. I did it for mom's and grandpa's sake, 2 people I know had their chests filled with pride. Too bad grandpa wasn't around by then but I am sure he was shouting out to the guys up there, "That's what's called Osmosis!" :)
The first time I drove Ashish' Yamaha. The sessions at the park outside Ashish' place, the school katta outside Nani's place.
Aachaey' laughter sessions, then ground rolling sessions and eventually death by laughter.
The first (and probably the last) time I fell in love. The first kiss. The first gift I got her. The bike, the girl and Sinhagad.
Phone call. Aunty. Covering Ashish' ass, he returning the favour later.
The day my niece announced her arrival. The first time she called me, "'noy"
The day I left India, the day I came back home.
Living 24 hours a day in Canada, the one time in life when I tried the hardest to freeze time.
The day I bought my car, the drive from Gresham to Hillsboro.
The time I bought mom a diamond pendant chain, her look (I am telling you; priceless). I am still thinking of ideas that would let me see that face again.

So many moments still crystal clear in my head. I do not ask the same question now, instead I live to create moments that will be frozen for eternity.

I choose not to document the bad ones, firstly cos they are not worth mentioning and secondly cos I have locked them up with keys that has a mind of its own and I am too lazy a guy to search for them. :)

I be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I seem to be getting better and better at football. :)

Binoy said...

ok :)