Thursday, November 29, 2007

Two Wise Asses in One Day!

Before I begin I must warn everyone that this is an anger venting out post. Peace-loving guys/gals, this is when you leave.

Today I write about the species that I absolutely loathe, the ones that incur my wrath. The kinds that have their inflated egos oozing out of everything that they do. I thrive on such specimens, almost derive sadistic pleasure venting out my anger and disgust for them. Let me backtrack a bit. I play badminton every Tuesdays and Thursdays. We, mostly guys working in Mentor, have a mailing group to correspond the playing activities. Pretty nice set of guys, some talented, some not really but sporting nevertheless and enthu public. But there is this guy named Laurent, dickhead of a guy, I have never seen him come to the baddy court since I've joined Mentor Graphics. Some of the players who have been playing here for long say that apparently he wasn't getting enough challenges playing with them. Alright, fair enough, maybe the case. I haven't seen or interacted with him ever but you can sense my dislike for him already. His responses on the mailing group (I repeat, he hasn't ever come to play since I have been here; 6 months) have only added to my constantly soaring abomination for him.

Today was really the icing. There was some discussion on the groups on our level of play (grading sorta thing). This bugger downgrades all those who bracket themselves as a C Grade player ( a reasonable assumption if you ask me) to D and emphatically states that he can defeat most of us even without training. He is now earmarked to receive ample dozes of utter contempt from me. He will come to play baddy, I will make sure of that, his ass thoroughly whipped and his inflated ego shoved up where the sun don't shine post which an email will be sent out to the groups with his Grade duly posted.

Not done yet. Coach of some apparent club/organization whatever comes to play with us. Even bigger ego and you may now be able to probably guess what happened next. Binoy' disgust was funnelled to Mr. Ego personified and Binoy, of course derived his doze of sadistic pleasure for the day.

I came across two wise asses of my favored genre on the same day. How often does that happen?

I be.

No comments: