Saturday, December 22, 2007

Christmas in Dallas

Binoy now has two kids he can spoil. Today so far has been a brilliant day, I got my nephew and his mom back from hospital, I saw Arshu open the Christmas gifts, I ate mom's food, I held Aarish in my arms, I sang to him and amazingly he stopped crying :)
Perfect eh!

Among all this there is one thing I haven't failed to notice. My mom. She has been working tirelessly behind the scenes. While my sis and jiju were in the hospital giving birth to the kiddo, mom worked tirelessly at home, feeding Arshu, entertaining her, cajoling her and diverting her attention every time she missed her parents, keeping the house in shape, preparing food, preparing her son's favourite dish, sleeping just 3 hours in the night, getting up early, packing food, getting Arshu ready for the hospital. I could go on really and it never would stop. My sis and I have tried countless times to get her to relax, to make her stop doing things and rest. She will, for that moment (just to make her children happy) agree and next time process repeat.

How can one woman hold so much love and dedication towards her family, her children, her grandchildren? Most of us would say that's what mom's are made of. Maybe. All I know is to me, my Mom is what defines Greatness. Selflessness. Love.

All I know is I have one week to make this Christmas the best Christmas she ever had.

I be.

No comments: